The above title is probably a misnomer! It should read who loves deceptive advertising lawyers!
- Injured plaintiffs who are desperate for money and are sucked in by glitzy commercials with promises of quick settlements. The fact that their case if handled by a competent respected trial lawyer who has a good reputation can be worth much more than the quick offer of a settlement is overlooked;
- Insurance defense lawyers who look good in the eyes of the insurance company claims adjusters when a case is settled by an advertising lawyer well below its actual value;
- Insurance companies who are able to reduce their defense costs to insurance defense lawyers who settle the cases with advertising lawyers below the true value and therefore reap increased financial benefits to the stockholders of the company as increased;
- Ad agencies, radio, television, website creators, newspapers, billboard companies and “Best of the Best 1200” sellers of plaques and listings are also reaping the benefits in excess of 1 billion dollars annually for producing the often deceptive commercials;
- Paid actors who falsely represent that they were seriously injured and that a particular lawyer obtained a substantial settlement for them (they never say verdicts or final judgments).
There are others who benefit from lawyer advertising, but these appear to be the most lucrative recipients.
I encourage you to buy local products and hire local, reputable attorneys!