1. I will continue the Silly Blog in spite of the vocal criticism of the few financially involved advertisers and the silence of the vast majority of non-advertising attorneys who allow their old and prospective new clients to be taken from them;
2. I will continue to expose any “deceptive” advertising techniques that are based on misrepresentations of any lawyer’s accomplishment not based on results or ability;
3. I will continue if asked to encourage the Tennessee Supreme Court, Tennessee General Assembly, and Board of Professional Responsibility to examine the current rule pertaining to lawyer advertising in an effort to attempt to make certain that any representations made to the general public are truthful, non-deceptive, and are in the best interests of the individuals needing legal services;
4. I will continue to have our firm engage in charitable events for philanthropic purposes in a proper and dignified manner and not just to benefit the firm financially;
5. I will continue to give credit to law firms that advertise in a professional and non-deceptive manner and do not demean the image of trial lawyers;
6. I will continue to urge my brothers and sisters in the legal community to forward the Silly Blog to their clients, friends, and acquaintances to inform the intended beneficiaries of legitimate legal advertising. They can claim it as their authorship without any reference to the creator of the Silly Blog.
I encourage you to buy local products and hire local, reputable attorneys!